Table of Contents
- Several Aspects of Bookkeeping Tasks for a Business
- Why Bookkeeping Checklist?
- To Keep Things Organized:
- To Make Sure Nothing Is Off Target:
- To Easily Share or Pass on Responsibility to Someone:
- A To-do List or a Checklist for Businesses to Better Manage Their Bookkeeping Tasks
- A To-Do List for Managing Bookkeeping Tasks on a Day to Day Basis
- A To-Do List for Managing Bookkeeping Tasks Weekly
- A To-Do List for Managing Bookkeeping Tasks Monthly
- A To-Do List for Managing Bookkeeping Tasks Quarterly
- File your payroll returns
Business owners have to handle more important things to make their business grow than bookkeeping. Nevertheless, bookkeeping is a routine and important task for businesses to keep a record of their financial transactions. Maintaining the books of accounts also aids small and medium-sized business owners in making important financial decisions. Moreover, efficient bookkeeping allows business owners to track the movement of their funds going in and out. Hiring bookkeeping services in Mississauga from a credible bookkeeping service provider like GTA Accounting also helps businesses in this regard.
Several Aspects of Bookkeeping Tasks for a Business
There are several aspects of bookkeeping task for a business which also address some important questions as mentioned below:
- What bookkeeping tasks do a business need to manage on a day-to-day basis?
- What transactions require attention weekly?
- How to prioritize bookkeeping tasks on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis?
Keeping bookkeeping aspects in mind help businesses to stay on top of their accounting records. In other words, having a checklist of bookkeeping activities come to the rescue for a business.
Why Bookkeeping Checklist?
Every business needs a bookkeeping checklist for multiple reasons. A bookkeeping checklist can prove helpful to businesses in the following ways:
To Keep Things Organized:
A bookkeeping checklist organizes the financial records of a business. It allows you to know what daily bookkeeping tasks you need to perform and when. You can also check off each task that you have finished in the to-do list you already have with you.
To Make Sure Nothing Is Off Target:
Bookkeeping requires the handling of different accounting tasks daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually. Business owners have to track loads of things for the smooth functioning of their companies. Furthermore, having a checklist help business owners ensure that nothing is off target and completed on time.
A bookkeeping checklist is also helpful for businesses to share or pass on a bookkeeping responsibility to someone. It also aids in outsourcing bookkeeping responsibility to professional bookkeepers or CPA firms which render bookkeeping services in Mississauga.
A To-do List or a Checklist for Businesses to Better Manage Their Bookkeeping Tasks
Business owners may prepare their to-do list for bookkeeping to better manage their bookkeeping activities. Besides, here are some ways for business owners to manage their daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly bookkeeping tasks:
A To-Do List for Managing Bookkeeping Tasks on a Day to Day Basis
- Have a check on your cash balance while keeping track of cash inflows and cost cash outflows plus cash in hand available
- Update your records of incoming and outgoing payments
- Prepare and send your invoices timely and make sure you post your invoices at the correct destinations
- Properly record your customer bills and payments you have made for purchases
- File vendor bills on time alongside your payment records
- Ensure your payroll records are up to date
A To-Do List for Managing Bookkeeping Tasks Weekly
- Follow up on customer invoices for receiving payments
- Deposit all checks to make sure you clear all payments
- Reconciliation of your business bank account as well as credit card accounts
- Review your invoices and initiate payments
- Upload your purchase receipts to the bookkeeping software
A To-Do List for Managing Bookkeeping Tasks Monthly
- Handle payroll processing and ensure accurate payroll tax withholdings
- Have a look back at your month-end financial performances
- Keep a check on your accounts receivables while following up in order to speed up the payments
- Review your business spending
A To-Do List for Managing Bookkeeping Tasks Quarterly
- Prepare your financial statements, including income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statements
- Generate accounts payable and accounts receivable reports
- Estimate quarterly tax due on you
File your payroll returns
Besides, bookkeeping isn’t just about recording financials; it is more than numbers. Additionally, you cannot effectively handle bookkeeping activities for a business unless you have the know-how of accounting concepts and principles. Further, if bookkeeping tasks are too much for you to handle with other tasks on your priority list, you may outsource bookkeeping services. Outsourcing bookkeeping services from a professional accounting firm is also a cost-effective deal for businesses.
Business owners have to manage a lot of things to make their business run successfully and grow over time. They also have other important tasks on their priority list than bookkeeping. Furthermore, business owners can also outsource bookkeeping services in Mississauga to effectively handle their bookkeeping activities. A bookkeeping checklist to handle bookkeeping tasks daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually is also helpful for businesses in the following ways:
- To keep things organized
- Make sure nothing is off target
- To easily share or pass on responsibility to others
Lastly, it also helps business owners when they outsource bookkeeping services and assign the bookkeeping responsibility to professionals.